HELLO! I’M ALANA SMIETANSKI.
Here’s a little help if you need it…[SMEE-TAN-SKEE]
I was born and raised in small town, Oklahoma. (My high school graduating class was less than 100.)
Even though I had no idea what I really wanted to be ‘when i grew up’, I went to college hoping to find out, but I had no luck there.
I moved to the big city and got an entry level job in corporate America. What started as just a job to get me by, turned into eight good years, until I got pregnant with my little boy.
One of the best decisions that I have ever made was to spend the first 5 years of my son’s life at home with him, but as he got older and closer to school-age, I knew that it was time for another change.
Only, I wasn’t the same person that I was years before. My husband and entrepreneur extraordinaire, had taught me that I didn’t have to fit myself into an out-of-the-box job. I could find something that I was really passionate about, start my own business and work how, when and where I chose.
So that is what I did! I went back to school and became a Certified Holistic Health Coach. I took my passions for health, loving life, and helping people and I turned them into a full-time passion. Now every day I get to help other people become their healthiest and most confident selves.
Teaching others that it’s not just about fitting into your skinny jeans. (However, that is a wonderful benefit.) It’s about loving yourself, being confident in your own skin, finding balance in your life, and living the best life imaginable!
Of course, I cover the basics of good nutrition and how to feed your body with wholesome foods, but I also want you to know what it is like to live a life of passion and purpose, to cultivate and nurture great relationships, to understand the importance of having fun AND a kick-butt career, and to know that you are the most heart-centered, confident, generous, beautiful version of yourself.
Beautiful. Confident. Healthy.
More FUN Facts…
- I follow a (mostly) plant based diet with a little lean protein from organic and humanely raised animals, but I definitely have my moments when all of that goes out the window. I just try to keep those moments in the minority.
- I love to sing and dance, and in my living room by myself, I’m pretty sure that I look and sound amazing!
- I am a pretty big pest and I love to pester people. Well, not just any people, but those that I really love. Pinch, poke, tickle…
- I always wanted to marry into a really big family and I did.
- I like to think of myself as a “country girl” because I grew up in rural Oklahoma, but in reality, I live in the city, I like the convenience of suburban life, and I hate spiders and snakes.
- I was my husband’s first girlfriend, and I know that I will be his last.
- I eat two huge green salads most days.
- I love musicals and my husband doesn’t. He used to tell me that no one actually goes around singing as if their life were lyrics to a song, that was, until he met me.
- We have an english bulldog, Bentley, that is named after a British car.
- My faith in God is at the center of who I am.
- I love to wrestle. Again, only with people that I love. My dad used to tell me “listen Alana, somebody’s gonna get hurt, and its not gonna be me.” He was usually right. Haha!
- I love to shop, but I rarely spend big bucks on clothes, jewelry, purses, shoes, etc. I love Target!
- I love crime dramas and psychological thrillers.
- I hate cleaning, but I can’t stand a messy/dirty house. I will hire someone to clean for me one of these days.
- My husband and I strive to live our life with intention and purpose, instead of letting life be something that just happens to us.